Friday, August 22, 2008

A Roller Coaster of Emotions(more of a kiddie ride)

Well today was my second official day of college, and it was pretty easy. I had one class today, kind of a freshman orientation class, and it looks to be very easy. She's giving us 2 weeks to "write" a 2 min speech about something we are an expert of...needless to say this will be a piece of cake.

I did however receive some semi-depressing news today. Yesterday after history I learned, on an off chance, that UTD does in fact have a debate team. So I went to the debate team website and sent an email to the coach expressing my interest. Today I got a reply, in which he informed me that the team only competes in CX debate(and for those of you who don't know debate, this is the devil of all forms of debate). I then replied to the coach stating that i very much was not interested in competing in CX, but also said that if they, in the next few years, decide to compete in parly(my form of debate) I would be more than happy to join, and even help teach the finer points of the event. I have yet to receive a reply to this email...but if anything interesting happens I will certainly let ya'll know.

Me and my roommates are also beginning to look for ways to furnish the common room of our apartment. I may be getting some furniture from my brother-in-law(to my family: yes other people read this blog) and Kazi is working on getting a TV from his friend. Hopefully soon we will be able to actually sit down in the common room and have something to do...but that may just be too much to ask :P

Well...that about covers it. So I'll conclude this installment of my adventures as a disaffected college student.

3 comments:

Supermom said...

We scored you two coaches & a chair...now, how to get them to dallas?!?

Brett said...

you could always make derek drive them up here himself :P that would be very fun for him.

Supermom said...

yeah...I think he is burned out driving them around h-town. that is what he is doing now, taking them to dad's to store in your old room until we figure out how to get them to dallas.